- This event has passed.
Mercatus Institute — MEETING: Healthcare Innovators’ Dinner
December 7, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Dr. Beth Haynes, BRI executive director was invited to a hand-selected group of healthcare innovators to a dinner and discussion in San Francisco, CA, sponsored by The Mercatus Institute.
The list of invited speakers, including moderator, their titles and affiliations:
- Pat Basu is Chief Medical Officer at Doctor on Demand, a nationwide telemedicine company. http://www.doctorondemand.com/our-medical-board/
- Darcy Nikol Bryan is a physician/surgeon (OB/GYN) in Riverside, CA. She teaches at UC-Riverside and is working on establishing a research program there on medical innovation. https://www.linkedin.com/in/darcy-nikol-bryan-a234b68b
- Beth Haynes is Executive Director of the Benjamin Rush Institute, a policy-oriented group with chapters at medical schools across the country.https://www.linkedin.com/in/beth-haynes-md-4203589
- Zak Holdsworth is founder and CEO of Hint Health, engaged in direct primary care. https://www.linkedin.com/in/zakholdsworth/
- Jason Hwang is Chief Medical Officer for Icebreaker, an asynchronous telemedicine company. Jason was co-author (with Clayton Christensen and Jerome Grossman) on the pathbreaking book, “The Innovator’s Prescription.”http://www.jasonhwang.com
- Daniel Kraft is medicine and neuroscience chair at Singularity University.http://singularityu.org/bio/daniel-kraft/
- Ian Shakil is founder and CEO at Augmedix, a company using Google Glass and other technologies to simplify and humanize the production of EHRs.http://www.augmedix.com/about/The Mercatus team included Leck Shannon, Anna Mills, Bethany Stalter, and Robert Graboyes.