- This event has passed.
The Health Policy Institute of Ohio—PANEL/DEBATE: Politics, perceptions and the Presidential election: What’s next for health policy?
October 26, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
The Health Policy Institute of Ohio will be hosting a panel/debate:
Politics, perceptions and the Presidential election: What’s next for health policy?
Come November, Americans will elect a new President. What does this mean for health policy? Will the Affordable Care Act remain intact? If not, what changes may be coming, and what are the possible impacts on costs, coverage, and access? Join us to explore the potential directions for health policy following this year’s election outcomes.
* Philip Rocco, Marquette University, author of Obamacare Wars: Federalism, State Politics, and the Affordable Care Act
* Thomas Miller, American Enterprise Institute
* Daniel Skinner, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
* Simon F. Haeder, West Virginia University
POST-EVENT SUMMARY: Four OUHCOM students joined over 60 attendees to hear a day of healthcare policy discussions with health policy experts from different ends of the political spectrum. Attendees included state legislators, advocates, attorneys, health care system administrators, and political theorists.
“It was great to finally hear someone disagree with the ACA. It was also nice to see people of different political viewpoints have a civilized discussion without the threats, blame game, and contentiousness.” ~Josh Gruenbaum, OMS II, BRI member
“It was great hearing both sides of the fight.” ~Michael Hollar, BRI-OUHCOM-Dublin chapter founder and president
HOW TO REGISTER at a DISCOUNTED RATE: Students are eligible for a scholarship to attend this event. The event cost of $65 will be reduced to $15 for qualifying students. To obtain the discount promo code, please email Sarah Dorn of The Health Policy Institute of Ohio at [email protected]. She will provide you the promo code and a link to the registration URL.
Further, Benjamin Rush Institute is offering to refund this $15 reduced conference fee, equating to a full scholarship to BRI student attendees. To obtain a refund:
- Retain your registration confirmation with receipt of $15 paid*
- Complete the Travel Reimbursement form: upload and complete all required information.
- Students will be eligible for reimbursement who are BRI student members. You can become a member here, or on the Travel Reimbursement form when you fill it out.
*BRI will only reimburse students who fulfill the reimbursement requirements for the discounted registration fee. No travel, meals, or other incidentals will be reimbursed. For further details, please see the Travel Reimbursement form.